Creatives … Assemble!
Are you ready to engage with your local design community on a new level? We are seeking many savvy design enthusiasts to join and grow our AIGA El Paso board!
Who can join the board?
- Any creative
- Graphic designers
- People who work with designers
- People who love design
Why join the board?
- Meet and work with other creatives
- Experience you can add to your resume
- Professional development
- Free attendance to select events
- Good karma!
What are the Expectations?
Board members are expected to:
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Submit status reports
- Help organize and attend events
- Contribute ideas for events and activities that further our mission
- Perform duties specific to their board role
To be eligible to join the board, you must:
- Be an active member of AIGA El Paso at the supporting level or higher
- Must be good stewards of AIGA’s Standards of Professional Practice
Ready? Set … Join the Board!
We are currently looking for the following board members.
1. Communications Director:
- Oversees all outgoing Chapter communications from printed materials to web content to social media.
- Manages chapter’s eBlasts, eNewsletter, Twitter, Facebook group/page, & Instagram account.
- Presents a Communication report at each Board meeting.
- Ensures all current members are invited/added to private member FB and Whatsapp groups
- Coordinates with Events Director to properly promote all upcoming Chapter events
- Manages a communication strategy/schedule for the chapter
- Coordinates with Design Chair to plan and execute effective marketing for each event
2. Event Chair:
- Works with all Board members to plan an annual calendar that reflects the chapter’s activities
- Assists in securing speakers, sponsors, and venues for programming when needed
- Works with Treasurer to develop and oversee event-related budgets and fundraising efforts
- Ensures event leaders and their committees properly follow event proposal protocol and that event outcomes are summarized and documented
- Maintains event-related documents updated and organized
- Presents an Events report at each Board meeting
3. Historian Chair:
- Oversees all photo and video documentation of Chapter events and programming
- Ensures all documentation files are uploaded in Drive
- Coordinates with Comm. Director to release pictures and videos to all Chapter communication channels
- Assists Events Director with any other duties he/she may need
Give your talents a stronger voice. Submit your nomination now!
To nominate yourself or someone else, please prepare a PDF document with the following information and e-mail it to email@example.com
- Nominee’s name and nominated position
- A resumé or CV highlights and a brief bio
- A short statement (200 words max) describing why he/she would make a valuable board member
- Letter of recommendations are welcome and encouraged
Board Nomination Info Session
Meet the current board, get more information on what it means to be a board member, learn about the open positions, and get your questions answered. If you have additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.