Are you ready to engage with your local design community on a new level? We are seeking a number savvy design enthusiasts to join and grow our board! Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. You MUST be a member of AIGA.
Currently looking for the following board members.
The Treasurer provides oversight for all financial related material for the Chapter. He/She works closely with the President and other board members for any expense related items to ensure that each event has a budget and stays within that budget. Works closely with the Board to create revenue-generating strategies for our Chapter.
Develop and manage Chapter budgets
Maintain Chapter bookkeeping and complete the Chapter’s tax preparation
Manage Chapter’s liability insurance
Provide reimbursements for approved Chapter-related expenses
Attendance at a monthly board meeting is required and availability to assist with event execution and additional duties as required.
The Events Coordinator works with all Board members to plan an annual calendar that reflects the Chapter’s activities. He/She develops and produces quality and profitable programming; works closely with fellow board members to produce successful programs; oversee planning of events, particularly establishing and tracking of event budgets (work with the Treasurer), and time management; and assist in securing speakers, sponsors and venues when needed. Duties may include guiding the direction of the Chapter’s Events, work with Treasurer to develop and oversee event-related budgets, develop an event schedule for the year, lead/moderate a biannual Events meeting, create an event summary for each event. Present an Event report at each Board meeting.
The Historian is responsible for informing the present and future of the past. This position is a non-voting position on the board, so attendance at board meetings is not required. This officer functions in the following capacities:
• Prepares a summary of chapter activities and programs for the year as a basis for the Chapter Report due annually.
• Cooperates with the Vice President in maintaining records of chapter events and other historical chapter records. Major historical items, including photos, posters, flyers, etc., should be maintained so that future members can access them on request.
• Responsible for photo documentation of all AIGA El Paso events or working with another person to document when unavailable.
• Uploads photos for use on social media and the website within 3 days of event.
• Other duties as assigned.