The reject show. Where the great ideas are buried.
We’re looking for great ideas that got away. Submit your rejected designs to our third annual Design Graveyard Exhibition. Dig up that bright idea, resurrect that killer concept, reanimate that defunct design, and submit it today.
Accepting submissions during October 3 – 30
In order for work to be displayed at the Design Graveyard it must meet the following requirements:
- Prepare your work with professionalism and quality craftsmanship.
- We recommend our local partners, Tovar Printing, for your Design Graveyard pieces. All work prepared for print and used exclusively for the exhibition can receive a 25% off discount with Tovar Printing if they meet these requirements:
- Must be a high resolution PDF with 1/4” bleeds ready for print
- Requires no formatting by the printers
- Has crop marks and bleed marks (Learn more about bleeds here.)
- Will be used exclusively for the AIGA Design Graveyard
- Work that does not meet these standards will be charged full price for Tovar’s services.
- Please contact email@example.com if you need assistance or advice on preparing your work.
- Size recommendation: 8.5 x 8.5 inches, 11 x 17 inches or larger. See below images from past exhibitions to get an idea of how to display your work.
- Must be ready to hang or display. Please provide proper hardware if necessary.
- All work must be original.
- Must include this information when delivered:
- Artist Name
- Project Name
- Date Produced
- Brief Project Bio (150 words or less)
- Must be sent or delivered to AIGA El Paso by October 30th to:
- Viva + Impulse Creative Co.
1002 Arizona Ave
El Paso, TX 79902
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibition will take place November 4th, 6-9pm at the Roderick Artspace Lofts Gallery at 601 N Oregon St, El Paso, TX 79901.
Past exhibition pieces examples:
The artwork for this years Design Graveyard was done by UTEP students Melissa Trejo with typography by Andrew Holguin. Each year, we invite the students to submit designs for the graveyard, and reject designs are included as a part of the exhibition. Huge thank you to Professor Cochran for helping us!
Thank you to our event sponsors!