Save the date for our member holiday party!
Get out your ugly sweaters, bring a gift for white elephant, and meet the new board members as we celebrate a year of amazing work from our design community and the growth of our chapter throughout 2017.
Ugly Sweater Contest
Don we now our worst apparel! Rock your ugliest sweater to our holiday party. Prizes will be awarded to the most hideous, most offensive sweaters.
Meet the Board
As the year comes to a close, we’ll be saying goodbye to a few board members and welcoming in some new faces. Join us and meet the new board for 2018. Application for open positions will be open until December 8th, so if you are interested in applying to join the board or would like to volunteer starting in January, let us know!
White Elephant Gift Exchange
We want everyone to go home feeling loved by their fellow designers. Bring a wrapped, gift (under $20) that a designer would find useful or humorous to participate. Feel free to be as creative as possible!
Never done a White Elephant exchange? Here are the rules:
- Everyone draws a number as they arrive. When it is time to play, everyone sits around the pile of presents in numerical order.
- The first player selects a gift from the pile and opens it.
- The following players can choose to either pick an unwrapped gift from the pool or steal a previous player’s gift. Anyone who gets their gift stolen in this way can do the same – choose a new gift or steal from someone else.
To keep things moving along, there are a couple of limits on gift swapping:
- A present can only be stolen once per turn, which means players who have a gift stolen from them have to wait to get it back.
- After three swaps, the turn automatically comes to an end.
- After all players have had a turn, the first player gets a chance to swap the gift he or she is holding for any other opened gift. Anyone who’s gift is stolen may steal from someone else (as long as that person hasn’t been stolen from yet). When someone declines to steal a gift, the game comes to an end.